Looking to take a break from studying with a book? Want to try out your new tablet? Curious to see how an eBook looks on your computer? Or do you just like trying out new things for free. If you answered yes to any of these questions then you should try out the Library’s new eBook service, the cloudLibrary™ App.
The cloudLibrary™ App is a simple way to browse and check out popular fiction and non-fiction titles. All you need to get started is to follow these easy steps.
Step 1: Download the cloudLibrary™ App
- Before you begin you will need to download the 3M Cloud App for your appropriate device. To do so go to cloudLibrary™ website (http://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/index.php/en-us/) and a locate you device from the list they provide.
- Follow the prompts to install the app on your device.
Step 2: Log into the Prairie State College Library
- Open up the app on your PC or mobile device.
- On a mobile device you will need to login right away. On a PC, click on the LOGIN button in the top right corner
3. Select Prairie State College Library for the LIBRARY. (APP ONLY)
4. Your LIBRARY CARD ID is your Student ID number (see figure above). You can find this number at the bottom of your Student ID (begins with 22783000).
Step 3: Find and Check Out Books
Up to 10 books can be checked out for 21 days at a time.
2. Find a specific title by using the SEARCH box over to the right.
3. To learn more about the book click on the TITLE or COVER
Step 4: Reading and MYbooks
All the books you currently have checked out can be found on your MY BOOKS shelf. to continue reading simply click on the book.
2. Use the arrows to turn one page at a time. Use the scroll bar to advance multiple pages at a time.
3. When you are finished reading the book us the CHECK IN to return it.
Bonus Step: Request an eBook Purchase
1. To suggest a book purchase, first change the filter on the top menu to SUGGESTIONS FOR LIBRARY. Then use the SEARCH BOX to find the book you want.
2. When you have found a book that you would like the Library to purchase, click on the SUGGEST TO LIBRARY button.
3. Check your wishlist at a later point to see if it has been ordered. You can also sign up for an email notification in SETTINGS.