National Library Card Sign-up Month
September is Library Card Sign-up Month – a time when the American Library Association and libraries across the country remind parents that a library card is the most important school supply of all.
The observance was launched in 1987 to meet the challenge of then Secretary of Education William J. Bennett who said: “Let’s have a national campaign…every child should obtain a library card – and use it.” Since then, thousands of public and school libraries join each fall in a national effort to ensure every child does just that.
How to sign up for your PSC Library Account
Signing up for your PSC Library Account is easy. It is so easy, in fact, that you can do it in two easy steps!
- Stop by the ENROLLMENT SERVICES (rm 1101) to get your Student ID if you have not done it yet.
- Stop by the Circulation Desk right when you walk into the Library with your ID and Sign up for an account.
Here is what you get by signing up
You get a bunch of things by having a Library Account, that will not only help you in College, but can make college a fun time.
- You can any check out Books, Movies and DVDs that the Library owns for up to three weeks at a time!
- You can use your Library account to order books, movies, and even video games from any of our partner Libraries. To do this go to the SWAN Catalog and register your account. From there you can request holds and items can be sent to the Library.
- For more information on using the catalog check out The NEW SWAN Catalog.
- You can access the Library’s eBook collection, called the 3M Cloud Library. From hear you can read books on your phone, tablet and computer.
- For more information on using the ebook collection check out 5 Steps to Checking Out eBooks.
- Access to the Library’s Study Rooms for groups of two or more.